What is the JP-PAS?
The program is designed for working persons with chronic disabilities who need a personal care attendant (PCA) to help them maintain employment. Program participants can receive up to $1,600 per month for reimbursement of actual PCA expenses.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a person with a disability who requires personal assistance service (PAS) for support for at least two activities of daily living as determined in writing by a physician or psychiatrist. Activities of daily living means functions and tasks for self-care including ambulation, bathing, dressing, eating, grooming, and toileting (F.S. 429.02).
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be a U.S. citizen and Florida resident or, if a non-U.S. citizen, must be a legal permanent resident of the state.
• Must be able to acquire and manage a personal care attendant.
• Must be employed, earning an individual earned income of at least the federal poverty level for a household of one but less than $150,000.
• Must not receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) cash benefits.
• Must not be receiving Medicaid Home and Community Based Services.
Go to the FACIL website for an application or call us for more information!